It’s all been leading up to this. The “Before and After” pictures. They’re an awful thing and a beautiful thing all at once. Awful because, oh sweet Jesus! How did I let it get that bad? Why did I wear that stupid pink shirt? I didn’t know I would be photographed the first day! Let’s not even get into the fact that I didn’t wear make-up because it was 5:30 am. Even on the last day when I knew I was going to have my picture taken I still didn’t wear makeup because…5:30 am and I’d be working out. Why bother? They’re beautiful for obvious reasons. I mean, it’s like, YESSSSS!
Lesson learned. When I do this again I will wear the same outfit the first and last day. Our instructor Christie told us to do that and I totally didn’t. I’m so amazed when I see these. Okay, here’s the stats.
During 8 weeks of Body Back I:
- Dropped 14 lbs.
- Lost 2.75 inches off my chest
- Lost 3.75 inches off my waist
- Lost 3.5 inches off my hips
- Did 9% more bicep curls in 1 minute
- 39% more full sit-ups in 1 minute
- 40% more squats in 1 minute
- I did one correct push-up in one minute at the start. I did 15 by the end.
- Added more than two minutes to my time holding plank for a grand total of 3:38!
If someone told me I would be able to do real push-ups and hold plank like that I would have thought they had lost their minds. How did I do it? Well, I did everything I was supposed to. That included:
- Going to every Body Back class (except for the one when I was sick)
- Going to every supplement class I could, classes like Stroller Strides
- Working out 3-7 days a week each week during the 8 week session (that includes Body Back workouts)
- Journaling my food in My Fitness Pal everyday during the 8 weeks and remaining within my calorie goal each day
- Reducing (but not eliminating) the sugar and processed foods in my diet
- Doing all the extra weekend workouts assigned
- Having the support of my family and friends
I am sad this is over. It was worth all of it. Waking up. Working out hard. Not drinking delicious sugary lattes. Not finishing what my kids left on their plates. Ordering a salad when I wanted a burger. All of it. Worth it.
Let me know if you have ever done Body Back or if you’re thinking about doing it. I can promise you won’t regret it. I’ll have one more Body Back post after this one. Thanks for following along. It’s been amazing.